Beyond my research pursuits, I find pleasure in playing the guitar, engaging in exercise, and culinary activities. I also have an affinity for quotes. Here are a few additional ones:
“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” - Albert Einstein.
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein.
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein.
"Teach self-denial and make its practice pleasure, and you can create for the world a destiny more sublime that ever issued from the brain of the wildest dreamer.” - Sir Walter Scott.
Advice and useful stuff
- A Field Guide to Federated Optimization by prominent researchers
- Advances and Open Problems in Federated Learning by prominent researchers
- Federated Learning: Challenges, Methods, and Future Directions by prominent researchers
- How to Read a Papery by S. Keshav
- How to Read a Technical Paper by Jason Eisner
- How to Read an Engineering Research Paper by William G. Griswold
- Critical Reading by Emily M. Bender
- You and Your Research by Richard Hamming
- How to find innovative ideas for your project by Liangliang Cao
- How to come up with research ideas? by Jia-Bin Huang's Twitter post
- Fei-Fei Li's Advice on Good Reasearch and Good Papers
- 10 Tips for Research and a Phd by Sebastian Ruder
- How to do Research At the MIT AI Lab
- Graduate Study in the Computer and Mathematical Sciences: A Survival Manual by Dianne Prost O'Leary
- Advice on Research and Writing by Carnegie Mellon University
- Applying to PhD Programs in Computer Science by Mor Harchol-Balter
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student by Manuel Blum
- How to Be a Successful PhD Student (in Computer Science (in NLP/ML)) by Mark Dredze and Hanna M. Wallach
- PhD Advice by Kevin Gimpel
- A Survival Guide to a PhD by Andrej Karpathy
- 3 qualities of successful Ph.D. students: Perseverance, tenacity and cogency by Matt Might
- 10 Easy Ways to Fail a PhD by Matt Might
- PhD Advice by EECS Harvard University